25/10/2009

Vegan MoFo 2009 Day #25: Market goodies

It's not often this lazy MoFo'er can drag herself out of bed on a Sunday morning, but the clocks going back an hour meant that time really was on my side today and I took full advantage of it.
This bounty came to 11 euros!!
That's 10 quid or 16 us dollars or 17 Australian dollars. Pretty cool huh. I'm going to make a real effort to go every Sunday from now on. I also bought my favourite olives ever. That's an olive stuffed with a whole clove of garlic. Just so as you can appreciate the size of these here's another photo.
No, I don't have small hands they are BIG olives man
I made the most simple and delicious salad for my lunch
see
It was just lettuce, olives, chickpeas and tomatoes with a mahoosive dollop of Plamils Mayo. It was so so yuumy.
GO VEGAN!
GO MoFo!!

14 comments:

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

Whoa! They are ginormous!! I've never seen them here, but will definitely be on the lookout for them. Garlic stuffed olives... Mmmmmm.

Vegan Epicurean said...

I drag myself out of bed early each Sunday for the farm market produce too. Since I am not a morning girl either I understand how difficult that is.

Fabulous looking olives and salad.

Alicia

Sal said...

woah that's a bargain for all that loot!!

I'm Philippa O said...

wow! what an impressive haul!

Andrea said...

That's quite a haul. It's amazing how much you were able to buy for the money. Have fun cooking this week!

Chelsea said...

Wow, that is a good deal! I never thought to put olives on salad for some reason, but it looks so tasty!

jessy said...

hooray for market yummies, Jeni! wow - you grabbed so much awesomeness. i had no idea they made olives stuffed with GARLIC!!!! i swear, sometimes i think i live in a deep cave underneath a rock or something. i've gotta get me some garlic stuffed olives - and your salad looks most fantastical! mmmmmmmm!

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

Mmm I want those olives in me tummy. What a deal for that huge haul of yummy food... I wish there was a Sunday market here!!!

kmouse said...

Wonderful haul! And those olives look so good!

DJ said...

ZOMG - that salad looks AMAZING! If it wasn't so bally cold and wet over here I could really fancy something like that myself! And I lovelovelove olives, the more garlic the better!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I love to see what people get at the supermarket! I was eyeballing some garlic stuffed olives the other day. I'm going to get them next time for sure now.

Mihl said...

I agree, those are some pretty amazing looking olives! I love them stuffed with garlic, too.

Amanda Rock said...

ohh! those are my favorite olives ever!! the ones stuffed with almonds are a runner up. :)

Vegetation said...

Wow, that is one impressive $17 haul!!! And I'm bummed because the photo of your hand and the olive isn't showing up on my computer for some dumb reason :(